HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
The cost to attend MMA Fiji is as follows:
- 12 monthly payments of $450 USD/month (or a $4750 USD one-time payment), for a shared room (2/room, either with another participant or your partner/spouse)
- There are 3 single rooms available for a $1500 USD additional cost
You may also choose to put down a deposit of $1000 USD. A balance of $4750 USD is due 4 months prior to event date (Nov. 30, 2018). Should you need to cancel your participation, your deposit is not eligible for a refund, but you will receive an equivalent credit toward any of our future events.
NOTE: MMA Fiji is a 'put away your wallet' event. From the moment we pick you up to the conclusion of the event, everything is covered: your lodging, meals, activities, drinks, etc. (at the conclusion of the event you may choose to leave a gratuity for lodge staff or your guides).
NOTE: Most people who attend MMA events are able to write the cost off as a business expense because of the learning and networking components of the event. We're happy to provide receipts stating 'executive coaching' or similar if needed.
NOTE: All bures (villas) are not created equally at Matava Resort, with some being larger and more spacious than others. Bures will be assigned on a first-booked-best-bures basis, so booking early will get you the best bures.
Airfare to Nadi airport (NAN) is not included in the price. NAN is approximately 10 hours' flight from Los Angeles.
WHO WILL BE AT MMA FIJI?
Mastermind Adventures events are for entrepreneurs who lead companies between $1M and $100M in annual sales (or freelancers with personal incomes in excess of $200,000), and who consistently invest in themselves, their knowledge and their networks - and like to have a ton of fun and challenge themselves while doing it.
Past participants include:
- Sarah Makhomet, Founder at HCS group of companies & CEO at Juniper Life Insurance
- UJ Ramdas, founder of the Five Minute Journal
- Hollis Carter of Baby Bathwater Institute
- Brad Pederson, founder of Tech4Kids
- Matt Bertulli, founder of Demac Media and Pela Case
- Spencer Coppin, founder of Coppin Health and the Superhuman Summit
- Jeff Spencer, former Olympian and Cornerman
- David Farnell and Lulu Cohen-Farnell, founders of Real Food For Real Kids
do you have aNY videoS I can check out?
Here's one from our 2018 Utah event:
And here's one from Matava Resort:
WHAT ARE THE ADVENTURE ACTIVITIES? WHAT SORT OF EXPERIENCE DO I NEED?
MMA Fiji will feature primarily ocean-based adventures: surfing (for all levels), scuba diving or snorkeling, SUP and other water-based sports, plus a little bit of land-based activity.
No experience is required, although reasonable physical fitness and a willingness to take on challenges are a prerequisite. Surfing lessons will be provided for anyone who wants to learn how to surf or improve their surfing abilities.
All activities are optional - if you feel like ducking out of a particular activity and chilling at Matava, you're welcome to do so.
WHAT does the schedule look like?
A typical day looks like this:
- Breakfast at 7am
- Adventures start at 8am
- Return to Matava Resort by 2:00 pm
- Workshops from 2:30 pm to 4:00 pm
- Chill time from 4 pm to 6:30 pm
- Group dinner at 6:30 pm
- Evening talk from 8:30 pm to 9:30 pm
- 9:30 pm onwards: drinks and shenanigans
Put your wallet away for the duration of your MMA experience - MMA Fiji includes:
- 6 nights of lodging at the amazing Matava resort
- Gourmets meals, from breakfast on day 1 to lunch on day 7
- Wine with dinner and all other drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic)
- 7 days of incredible adventures, with all gear included
- Transportation to and from Nadi airport (NAN)
- 7 afternoons/evenings of curated learning and networking, with workshops, evening talks, and other activities for learning and connecting
- A sprinkling of magic and other goodies that we're not going to tell you about
- Lifetime friends and a tribe that has your back
WHERE DO WE MEET Up, and when?
Pickup is at Nadi Airport (NAN) on March 31, 2019. We will be arranging shuttles all day long based on your arrival time.
The experience ends with lunch on April 06, followed by shuttles all afternoon to the airport. You are welcome to stay longer on Fiji (or arrive early), however you will have to arrange your own transportation to/from your destination (we can assist).
HOW DOES THE LEARNING AND CONNECTING COMPONENT WORK?
Through the nature of spending 7 days in a beautiful environment, relaxing and pushing yourself with other inspiring entrepreneurs, you will naturally connect with and learn from each other. We like to take it a step further and apply a healthy dose of curation and structure to the learning and connecting component of MMA.
The adventures will conclude every day around 2:00 pm, leaving us the afternoons and evenings for facilitating the magic that happens when you connect incredible people with each other.
Some of things you can expect during the learning components of MMA:
- Workshops with your peers (all participants will be expected to submit a topic for a workshop, the best will be chosen for inclusion in the schedule)
- Evening talks on topics related to entrepreneurship and life optimization
- Curated networking (and plenty of uncurated 'networking' at the bar, pool and beach)
what's the rooming arrangement?
Lodging is at the beautiful and remote Matava resort on the south shore of Kadavu Island. We have all 10 bures (villas) reserved, as well as the 4-bedroom house. The default rooming arrangement is 2/room - there are 3 single room upgrades available, at an additional cost of $1750 USD. There are also several bures reserved for couples, with 1 king bed in each.
NOTE: Matava is a spectacular and remote 3-star eco resort, perfectly situated for adventure, relaxation, and connecting with your fellow MMAers. If it's 5-star luxury you're after, then this is not the retreat for you. If you want a unique, intimate, true Fijian experience and retreat in a beautiful setting, then MMA Fiji will not disappoint.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING?
You will be provided with a detailed packing list 4 weeks prior to the event, and a final weather-dependent list just prior to the event. Mostly it's just appropriate clothing and whatever you bring on a typical weeklong vacation in the tropics.
HOW DO I SIGN UP?
Attendance at MMA events is by invitation only. If you are invited, you will be provided with a password for the booking page to reserve your spot with either an upfront payment or a monthly payment. Alternately, we may open up a few spots for applicants - submit your application here.
CAN I BRING A PARTNER/KIDS?
Because of the limited rooming available at Matava resort, we will have no availability on MMA Fiji for partners and kids. If you are interested in bringing your partner and/or kids, please check out some of our other events.
WHAT IF I HAVE TO CANCEL?
Should you need to cancel, you're eligible for a full refund up to 4 months in advance of the start date (Nov. 30, 2018). After that, we cannot guarantee a refund, however if we can find someone to take your spot (which shouldn't be much of a problem - demand tends to far exceed supply) then you can get a full refund. Nonetheless, we recommend purchasing trip cancellation insurance after the 4-months-to-go mark.