WHO WILL BE AT MMA PATAGONIA?
Mastermind Adventures is for entrepreneurs who lead companies between $1M and $100M in annual sales and who consistently invest in themselves, their knowledge and their networks - and like to have a ton of fun and challenge themselves while doing it.
NOTE: MMA Patagonia will be a smaller event (just 12 participants and no partners/kids), so we will be pickier about whom we invite to the event.
do you have aNY videoS I can check out?
Here is a video from Sacred Rides' Patagonia trip - it's focused more on the mountain biking aspect, but it gives you a pretty good idea of the lodge and location:
WHAT ARE THE ADVENTURE ACTIVITIES? WHAT SORT OF EXPERIENCE DO I NEED?
MMA Patagonia will feature a multitude of incredible wilderness activities: mountain biking on remote roads and trails, alpine hiking to spectacular viewpoints, whitewater rafting and kayaking on world-class rivers, and other adventure surprises.
No experience is required, although reasonable physical fitness and a willingness to take on challenges are a prerequisite. For the mountain biking, we will split into two groups, a fast/advanced group, and a slower/beginner group.
All activities are optional - if you feel like ducking out of a particular activity and chilling at La Confluencia, you're welcome to do so. Note: on a few of days we will be leaving La Confluencia by vehicle and not returning until the afternoon, so it may not be feasible to return you to La Confluencia - you need to commit for the morning and afternoon.
Both groups will be lodged at La Confluencia Lodge and all activities will have a minimum of 2 guides.
WHAT does the schedule look like?
A typical day will look like this:
- Breakfast at 8am
- Morning activity starts at 9am (we'll either depart straight from the lodge on foot or bike, or drive to our activity location)
- Lunch at noon
- Afternoon activity at 1 pm
- Return to La Confluencia by 3:30 pm
- Chill time from 3:30 to 5:30 pm (wood-fired hot tub!)
- 1st talk/presentation: 5:30 pm to 6:30 pm
- Group dinner at 6:30 pm
- 2nd talk/presentation: 8 to 9pm
- 9pm onwards: drinks and shenanigans
Put your wallet away for the duration of your MMA experience - MMA Patagonia includes:
- 7 nights of lodging at the amazing La Confluencia Lodge
- Gourmets meals, from lunch on day 1 to lunch on day 7
- Argentinian and Chilean wine with dinner and after-dinner drinks
- 7 days of incredible adventures (guiding services provided by Sacred Rides Mountain Bike Adventures, with minimum 3 local guides included)
- Midrange mountain bike rental and all other required gear, except for clothing and appropriate shoes
- Transportation to and from Bariloche airport (BRC) in air-conditioned van, with drinks and snacks at the ready
- 7 afternoons/evenings of curated learning and networking, with fireside chats, presentations, and other activities
- Plus a sprinkling of magic and other goodies that we're not going to tell you about
Not included in the cost are tips for the guides and housekeepers.
WHERE DO WE MEET Up, and when?
Pickup is at Bariloche Airport (BRC) on Dec. 9, 2018 (time TBD).
If you're flying in, please don't book a flight that arrives later than ___, to allow for customs, baggage pickup, and delays.
Alternately, arrive the day before and spend a night in Bariloche with your fellow MMA-ers. You're welcome to book your stay at hotels other than ____, but to minimize delays we will only be doing pickup at the airport and ___.
HOW DOES THE LEARNING AND CONNECTING COMPONENT WORK?
Through the nature of spending 7 days in a beautiful environment, relaxing and pushing yourself with other inspiring entrepreneurs, you will naturally connect with and learn from each other. We like to take it a step further and apply a healthy dose of curation and structure to the learning and connecting component of MMA.
The mountain biking and other adventures will conclude every day around 3:30 pm, leaving us the late afternoons and evenings for facilitating the magic that happens when you connect incredible people with each other.
Some of things you can expect during the evening component of MMA:
- Fireside chats with your peers (all participants will be expected to submit a topic for a fireside chat, the best will be chosen for inclusion in the schedule)
- Local speakers to talk about balancing work and lifestyle
- Curated networking (and plenty of uncurated 'networking' at the bar and the hot tub)
what's the rooming arrangement?
Lodging is at the incredible La Confluencia Lodge, in El Bolson, Argentina. La Confluencia is a small lodge, so the rooming arrangement is 2 to a room - you will be paired with a friend at your request, or a friend-to-be of the same gender.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING?
You will be provided with a detailed packing list 4 weeks prior to the event, and a final weather-dependent list just prior to the event.
HOW DO I SIGN UP?
Attendance at MMA events is by invitation only. If you are invited, you will be provided with a password for the booking page to reserve your spot with either an upfront payment or a monthly payment. Alternately, we may open up a few spots for applicants - submit your application here.
CAN I BRING A PARTNER/KIDS?
Because of the limited rooming available at La Confluencia, we will have no availability on MMA Patagonia for partners and kids. If you are interested in bringing your partner and/or kids, please check out MMA Utah.
WHAT IF I HAVE TO CANCEL?
Because there are limited spots at MMA events, and participants tend to require plenty of notice to book the time in their calendar, once you book your spot you are not eligible for a refund. However, demand for MMA spots typically outstrips supply, so if you need to cancel we shouldn't have too much trouble finding someone to take your spot and if we do, you can have a full refund.
WILL THERE BE A HOT TUB?