HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
The cost to attend MMA Patagonia is $6000 USD for a shared room or $7200 USD for a single room.
There is also monthly payment option if desired (6 payments of $1100 USD).
NOTE: MMA Patagonia is a 'put away your wallet' event. From the moment we pick you up to the conclusion of the event, everything is covered: your lodging, meals, activities, drinks, etc. (at the conclusion of the event you may choose to leave a gratuity for lodge staff or your guides).
WHO WILL BE AT MMA PATAGONIA?
Mastermind Adventures is for entrepreneurs who lead companies between $1M and $100M in annual sales (or freelancers with personal incomes in excess of $200,000), and who consistently invest in themselves, their knowledge and their networks - and like to have a ton of fun and challenge themselves while doing it.
Past participants include
- Sarah Makhomet, Founder at HCS group of companies & CEO at Juniper Life Insurance
- UJ Ramdas, founder of the Five Minute Journal
- Hollis Carter of Baby Bathwater Institute
- Brad Pederson, founder of Tech4Kids
- Matt Bertulli, founder of Demac Media and Pela Case
- Spencer Coppin, founder of Coppin Health and the Superhuman Summit
- Jeff Spencer, former Olympian and Cornerman
- David Farnell and Lulu Cohen-Farnell, founders of Real Food For Real Kids
do you have aNY videoS I can check out?
Here is a video from Sacred Rides' Patagonia trip - it's focused more on the mountain biking aspect, but it gives you a pretty good idea of the lodge and location:
WHAT ARE THE ADVENTURE ACTIVITIES? WHAT SORT OF EXPERIENCE DO I NEED?
MMA Patagonia will feature a multitude of incredible wilderness activities: mountain biking on remote roads and trails, alpine hiking to spectacular viewpoints, whitewater rafting and kayaking on world-class rivers, and other adventure surprises.
No experience is required, although reasonable physical fitness and a willingness to take on challenges are a prerequisite. For the mountain biking, we will split into two groups, a fast/advanced group, and a slower/beginner group.
All activities are optional - if you feel like ducking out of a particular activity and chilling at La Confluencia, you're welcome to do so. Note: on a few of days we will be leaving La Confluencia by vehicle and not returning until the afternoon, so it may not be feasible to return you to La Confluencia - you need to commit for the morning and afternoon.
Both groups will be lodged at La Confluencia Lodge and all activities will have a minimum of 2 guides.
WHAT does the schedule look like?
A typical day will look like this:
- Breakfast at 7 am
- Activities start at 8 am (we'll either depart straight from the lodge on foot or bike, or drive to our activity location)
- Return to La Confluencia by 2:00 pm
- Workshops from 2:30 to 4 pm
- Chill time from 4pm to 6 pm (wood-fired hot tub!)
- Group dinner at 6 pm
- Evening talk at 8 pm
- 9pm onwards: drinks and shenanigans
Put your wallet away for the duration of your MMA experience - MMA Patagonia includes:
- 6 nights of lodging at the amazing La Confluencia Lodge and 1 night of lodging at the Manso River cabin
- Gourmets meals, from breakfast on day 1 to lunch on day 7
- Argentinian and Chilean wine with dinner and after-dinner drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic)
- 7 days of incredible adventures
- All required gear, except for clothing and appropriate shoes
- Transportation to and from Bariloche airport (BRC) in air-conditioned van, with drinks and snacks at the ready
- Flight from Buenos Aires to Bariloche
- 7 afternoons/evenings of curated learning and networking, with workshops, evening talks, and other activities
- Plus a sprinkling of magic and other goodies that we're not going to tell you about
WHERE DO WE MEET Up, and when?
Our meeting point will be Buenos Aires. The trip includes a flight from Buenos Aires to Bariloche on the morning of Dec. 7, so you need to be in Buenos Aires by Dec. 6 - we will be renting a large Airbnb for all participants for the evening of Dec. 6.
The experience ends with lunch on Dec. 14, followed by a shuttle to Bariloche airport, arriving by 4pm. From Bariloche (airport code BRC) you can fly back to Buenos Aires, to Santiago, or a number of other South American destinations.
For the purposes of booking flights, you'll need to book:
- a flight to Buenos Aires, arriving no later than Dec. 6
- a flight from Bariloche to an international airport (recommended either Buenos Aires or Santiago, Chile)
- a flight home from Buenos Aires or Santiago, Chile
- Return flight to Buenos Aires, arriving Dec. 06 and departing Dec. 15
- 1-way flight from Bariloche to Buenos Aires on Dec. 14
- A hotel in Buenos Aires on the 14th
HOW DOES THE LEARNING AND CONNECTING COMPONENT WORK?
Through the nature of spending 7 days in a beautiful environment, relaxing and pushing yourself with other inspiring entrepreneurs, you will naturally connect with and learn from each other. We like to take it a step further and apply a healthy dose of curation and structure to the learning and connecting component of MMA.
The adventures will conclude every day around 2:00 pm, leaving us the afternoons and evenings for facilitating the magic that happens when you connect incredible people with each other.
Some of things you can expect during the evening component of MMA:
- Workshops with your peers (all participants will be expected to submit a topic for a workshop, the best will be chosen for inclusion in the schedule)
- Evening TED-style talks
- Curated networking (and plenty of uncurated 'networking' at the bar and the hot tub)
what's the rooming arrangement?
Lodging is at the beautiful and remote La Confluencia Lodge, near El Bolson, Argentina. La Confluencia is a beautiful lodge with a wood-fired log sauna, cedar hot tubs, and an incredible view of the Azul River gorge some 200 feet below. The concept of the lodge was originally inspired by the refugios (trekking huts) in the area – with lots of large, shared open spaces.
Although La Confluencia is fairly large, the rooms are cozy and you will be paired with a friend at your request, or a friend-to-be of the same gender. There is 1 room with a private ensuite bathroom, but the rest of the rooms have shared bathrooms. If you're looking for 5-star, Hilton-style luxury, this is not the trip for you, but if you're looking for a setting for adventure, unwinding and connecting with others, La Confluencia is the perfect place.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING?
You will be provided with a detailed packing list 4 weeks prior to the event, and a final weather-dependent list just prior to the event.
HOW DO I SIGN UP?
Attendance at MMA events is by invitation only. If you are invited, you will be provided with a password for the booking page to reserve your spot with either an upfront payment or a monthly payment. Alternately, we may open up a few spots for applicants - submit your application here.
CAN I BRING A PARTNER/KIDS?
Because of the limited rooming available at La Confluencia, we will have no availability on MMA Patagonia for partners and kids. If you are interested in bringing your partner and/or kids, please check out our other events.
WHAT IF I HAVE TO CANCEL?
Should you need to cancel, you're eligible for a full refund up to 4 months in advance of the start date (Aug. 7). After that, we cannot guarantee a refund, however if we can find someone to take your spot (which shouldn't be much of a problem - demand tends to far exceed supply) then you can get a full refund. Nonetheless, we recommend purchasing trip cancellation insurance after the 4-months-to-go mark.
WILL THERE BE A HOT TUB?