WHO WILL BE AT MMA?
Mastermind Adventures is for entrepreneurs who lead companies between $1M and $100M in annual sales and who consistently invest in themselves, their knowledge and their networks - and like to have a ton of fun and challenge themselves while doing it.
Some of the confirmed participants for MMA 2017 include UJ Ramdas, founder of the Five Minute Journal, Brad Pederson, founder of Tech4Kids, Matt Bertulli, founder of Demac Media, and Mike Brcic, MMA founder and founder of Sacred Rides (the mountain bike company that is providing guiding and logistics for MMA)
DO I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO MOUNTAIN BIKE?
The adventures at MMA are primarily mountain bike-based. You do not need to have any mountain bike experience prior to attending, however you do need to be a) physically fit and b) willing to take on challenges.
We will have two groups for the mountain bike-based activities, a beginner/intermediate group and an advanced/expert group.
Fernie (the town that Island Lake Lodge is located next to) is one of North America's premier mountain bike destinations, with over 100 trails located minutes from downtown. The beginner/intermediate group will ride easier trails, while also learning skills from our trained instructors, while the advanced group will ride more challenging terrain. Each group will have two local guides.
Both groups will be lodged at Island Lake Lodge and all of the non-bike-based activities will take place together (max. 16 participants).
- 4 nights of lodging at world-renowned Island Lake Lodge, in the Tamarack and Cedar lodges
- Gourmets meals, from lunch on Monday to lunch on Friday
- 4 days of incredible mountain biking and other adventures (guiding services provided by Sacred Rides Mountain Bike Adventures, with 4 local guides included)
- Midrange mountain bike rental (you can upgrade to a high-end carbon frame rental for $200 CAD)
- Transportation to and from Calgary airport in air-conditioned vans, with beers and snacks at the ready
- 4 afternoons/evenings of curated learning and networking, with outside speakers, fireside chats, and other activities
- Plus a sprinkling of magic and other goodies that we're not going to tell you about
Not included in the cost are your bar tab and tips for the guides. You can pay for your bar tab when you check out of Island Lake Lodge, so you can put your wallet away for the duration of your MMA experience.
HOW DOES THE LEARNING AND CONNECTING COMPONENT WORK?
Through the nature of spending 5 days in a beautiful environment, relaxing and pushing yourself with 15 other inspiring entrepreneurs, you will naturally connect with and learn from each other. We like to take it a step further and apply a healthy dose of curation and structure to the learning and connecting component of MMA.
The mountain biking and other adventures will conclude every day around 4 or 5 pm, leaving us the late afternoons and evenings for facilitating the magic that happens when you connect incredible people with each other.
Some of things you can expect during the evening component of MMA:
- Outside speakers on specific topics of interest to high-growth entrepreneurs
- Local speakers to talk about balancing work and lifestyle (Fernie is the ultimate lifestyle town) and how to 'live the dream'
- Fireside chats with your peers (all participants will be expected to submit a topic for a fireside chat, the best will be chosen for inclusion in the schedule)
- Curated networking (and plenty of uncurated 'networking' at the bar and the hot tub)
WHAT ARE THESE 'OTHER ADVENTURES' YOU SPEAK OF?
Although the adventures and outdoor activities will be primarily mountain bike-based, we will also have other adventures incorporated into the itinerary. And no, we're not going to tell you what they are.
Let's just say that they'll involve physical exertion and may require a good dose of courage, but no one will get hurt.
what's the rooming arrangement?
Lodging is at world-renowned Island Lake Lodge, in the Tamarack and Cedar Lodges. The default rooming arrangement is 2 to a room (2 queen beds), however you can upgrade to a single king suite for an extra $500 CAD.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING?
You will be provided with a detailed packing list 4 weeks prior to the event, and a final weather-dependent list just prior to the event.
HOW DO I SIGN UP?
Attendance at MMA 2017 is by invitation only. If you are invited, you will be provided with a password for the booking page to reserve your spot with either an upfront payment or a monthly payment.
CAN I BRING A PARTNER/KIDS?
There may be a limited number of spaces available for participants to bring their partner and/or kids. More on that soon.
Please note that because much of the value of MMA is via the learning and connection in the afternoons/evenings, if we do open it up to partners and kids and you bring your partner/family you are still expected to take part in all of the scheduled learning/connecting events (and why wouldn't you want to?).
WHAT IF I HAVE TO CANCEL?
Our cancellation policy is as follows:
Before June 25, 2017: your full payment will be refunded
June 26 to July 25, 2017: Your full payment will be refunded minus a 25% cancellation fee
July 26 to August 25, 2017: Your full payment will be refunded minus a 25% cancellation fee
After August 26, 2017: No refunds available
WILL THERE BE HOT TUBS?